My Daily Protein Shake!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Your Best Body 12-Week Challenge, Week One!

-By Mindy Irish

Runner or not, congrats on taking your first step!


-The Details of the Challenge-
The scope of the Challenge is that you choose a plan, program, or way of eating, set your goals, and work it.  You set the goals,  you do the work, and I cheer you on! 

Need program ideas? 
No plan in place and no goals set, but you're expecting results? 
"If you aim for nothing you'll hit it." 
Yes, we agree with you 110% on that one, Dr. Phil!

-My suggestions....I'm down 92 pounds, so I know this works!-

1.      Get a water bottle and take it everywhere with you!  Set a goal of how many times you’ll refill and drink it daily.  Refill it at night so it’s ready for you first thing in the morning!  I suggest the 56-ouncer with a straw and handle from Target!  Find it in the Tupperware aisle in red or blue!
2.      Choose a proven program (diet plan, exercise routine, at-home workout program, etc) to follow.  Following a tried and true program is more likely to get you results because those people have gone ahead of us, written books and structured programs, and given us regimens to follow.  Why recreate the wheel?!
3.      Get more sleep!  It has a huge impact on your body’s recovery from the diet and workouts during the day.  It’s the time of repair, fat burn, and recovery. 
More sleep equals more results!
4.      Write down your goals.  What are you aiming for?  A new pants size, a lowered weight, an improved look, to have more energy, to take less medicine?  Focus on the goal, what you’re going for, and then your diet and exercise plans are the baby steps to get there!
5.     Be flexible, don’t expect perfection, and allow for mess ups…..and when you do slip (we all do), let it go and get right back on track!


6.  Every three weeks I'll ask to hear from you!  I want to know your progress, your stumbles, and your successes.  Consider sharing your journey with me!  Either reply on a post or email me at mindy@fitgalclub.com and fill me in!
7.      Last but not least, no excuses!  Write them down, throw them away, and don’t let “I’m busy” or “the kids…” or “I had this….” creep up on you!  You’re not being dishonest with anyone but you and you owe this challenge and change to yourself! 



Take this first week to explore, educate, experiment with diet and exercise plans that work for you.  Stay plugged in, keep you a priority, and before you know it, you’ll be full steam ahead on a new rhythm in your life. 

Take comfort in knowing others are doing this along side you, but you hold the biggest role in this to stay disciplined, positive, and focused on your goals.  It takes 21 days to create a habit….so let’s start something great here!!

Consider your first step taken....and we're off!

8 comments:

  1. Count me in, Mindy! I lost 18 pounds in 2011. I'm looking forward to fine-tuning another 5-10 off this year. Thanks for your inspiration, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back! You will continue to get results because you'll be fine tuning and your momentum will grow with each day. That's why I started the challenge and opened it up to others as well! Accountability works! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your site and am going to start the 12 week challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all! We're running our third challenge starting today, April 30, 2012. What's great is that you can really start at anytime because the week's challenges are on the blog. Watch Facebook for my weekly posts on Monday mornings OR just get your own schedule down. Either way, we're glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in! What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Erin! It's really more about reading the posts as they come, set your goals and plan in place and plug along. I motivate and cheer you on with the challenge posts, read them, and carry on! I would love to know people's progress every three weeks via an email or message, but that's really just an option. It's just knowing others are working a plan at the same time and I'm here to challenge and cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to join in! I'm really good at excuses. I need to loose this weight and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I love that you are owning the excuses part already. Set your goals, pick a plan of eating and activity that works for you, and follow along on the posts, every Monday AM. If you miss one, they are housed in a list on the blog. You can also email me your progress every 3 weeks a mindy@fitgalclub.com so I can keep up with you! Go you!

      Delete